QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Sunset Hospitality Group has become a leading hospitality management group with a global presence across 16 countries with over 31 brands. METT Social Living is a refined, elegant and laid-back collection of lifestyle hotels & resorts dotted around unique locations. With a discreet service style without frills or fuss along with social dining and lifestyle entertainment at the heart of the experience, the brand is conceived for the traveller of today looking for an ideal place to celebrate life.
Now, we are hiring a Chief Steward to join us in Bodrum.
- The Chief Steward is responsible for supporting, training and motivating the Stewarding team to deliver an excellent guest and team member experience while managing cleaning schedules, moving and storing necessary equipment and observing safety guidelines.
- Cooperate and help his superior the project service opportunities in order to increase revenue.
- Continuously improve standards and processes through constant monitoring of departmental performance, conducting regular reviews of departmental procedures, and fostering an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement.
- To attend training sessions and meetings when required to operate in line with the training of information received.
- Follow the high standard of personal & food hygiene at all times
- Assist Executive Chef in controlling the departmental expense budget through the year.
- Ensure that there is no overproduction and to produce according to forecast.
- Ensure that the hotel’s cost control policies and procedures are followed (by minimizing left-over or spoilage and improving utilization of leftover). And by maintaining standard portion controls.
- Plan and supervise the par stock and inventory of his outlet.
- Check and prepare a list of menu items to determine the food quantity for daily consumption and inform his superior to make a request form for the daily market, weekly importation and dry store items.
- Inter kitchen transfer or kitchen requisition and announce orders to concerned associate.
- Regularly research, develop, learn from or acquire innovative products and best practices through benchmarking, networking and competition checks. Participate in related seminars, exhibitions, networking functions and learning activities to be at the forefront of developments and industry trends
- Ensure the highest levels of efficiency, cleanliness, organization and service in the day-to-day operation
- Verify stewards schedule to ensure that all the hotels, restaurants and facilities will be kept clean through appropriate planning and organization of staff.
- Check and confirm all paper works of the Hygiene and Safety as per standard (Cleaning Check Lists, etc.)
- Coaching and training stewarding attendants in all positions in order to improve performance and to achieve the department’s objectives and targets.
- Follows up on pending maintenance orders and ensures prompt repairs
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to subordinates and validate their job descriptions.
- Supervises employees’ ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures the Stewarding Team has full knowledge and understanding of compliance regulations as they affect sanitation and hygiene, as set by internal and local legal requirements
- Informs and/or updates the executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner
- To conduct and assist staff counselling and disciplinary procedures in accordance with METT Hotel & Beach Resort Procedure.
- Diploma or Hospitality Degree with an emphasis on hygiene and safety.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar positions – preferably in 5 stars hotel
- Good knowledge of dishwashing and chemicals
- Good in English
- Computer Knowledge
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail Oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Highly cooperative team spirit
- Coaching and Training Skills
- Positive and energy level
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Must possess strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff (at all levels)